We offer students a comprehensive printing service, including thesis and dissertations. We also print everything from small jobs such as assignments to wide format posters and anything in between.
- When ready to print, create a single High Quality Print PDF file that is optimised for printing with fonts embedded.
- Check PDF page size is A4 (210mm x 297mm or 8.27in x 11.69in)
- Proof PDF to ensure that no re-pagination or font corruption has occurred. A single copy will be printed for proofing - this is highly recommended
- If you choose not to review a proof of your thesis, you accept full responsibility for any problems associated with the artwork or other content the file contains. Please be aware that we cannot be held responsible for any variations between the electronic file you send us and the final printed version of your thesis.
- 80gsm offset white maximum 600 sheets of paper
- 100gsm Colotech Idol maximum 500 sheets of paper
- Minimum thickness for gold-foil on spine is 10mm
Submit for Printing and Binding
Gravitas Waikato Print - Ground Level Student Union Building.
Please bring a Print Ready PDF file on a USB Drive or e-mail the PDF file to: [email protected]
Allow 6 working days for case-binding.
We are the place to turn your design work into a reality. We can print one-off posters from A3 to A0. We can do small runs of high quality digital printing to show your design as it would be actually produced in the design industry, perfect for your class assignments.
Purchase Course Materials from Gravitas Waikato Print
The courses you are enrolled in may offer printed books of readings. These Course Materials are made available through our Gravitas Waikato Print shop: Ground level, Student Union Building on the Hamilton Campus. If a book is out of stock, you can order one at the shop counter. The Course Materials are price dependent on the quantity of pages in each book. Our paper stocks all comply with the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accreditation and we use environmentally friendly toners and inks.
Order Course Materials online using Media Centre
- Every student can order Course Materials via uow.mediacentre.co.nz
- Once logged in, go to Products > Course Materials.
- All current available course materials will be listed.
- Choose your materials and add to cart.
- Once you have selected all your course materials, go to checkout.
- Check Order List is correct - Continue Checkout.
- Select your Delivery Method - delivery (courier to an address) or pick up (from the Print Shop, Hamilton Campus). Tauranga students can collect from The Hub.
- Complete the Payment Method.
- You will then receive an email with confirmation of your order.
If there is an issue with your order, please email: [email protected]
SPECIAL NOTES FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED AT TAURANGA CAMPUS
If your papers are offered at Tauranga campus, you can choose to have your Course Materials delivered to The Hub and the courier fee will not apply. You can also directly purchase your Course Materials from the Gravitas Waikato Print Shop on the Hamilton campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I purchase or order my Course Materials from Gravitas Waikato Print?
Every student can either directly purchase or order their Course Materials books from the Gravitas Waikato Print Shop on the Hamilton Campus, or order them online at uow.mediacentre.co.nz
2. For each paper I am enrolled in, is there a Materials book to purchase?
Not every paper the University offers has Materials books. Some lecturers use text books rather than preparing Course Materials. Check with your lecturer(s) to see what is required for your course.
3. Why do I have to pay a courier fee?
A courier fee is charged when a courier has to deliver to a New Zealand postal address. If you do not want to pay this fee, you can collect your books from Gravitas Waikato Print Shop counter, or from The Hub for Tauranga enrolled students.
4. Can I order my readings books over the phone?
We do not take phone orders.
5. Can I purchase Course Materials for a paper I am not enrolled in?
6. Can I purchase multiple copies of Course Materials?
7. How can I order Course Materials online if I do not have a credit or debit card?
If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can pay by internet banking. Please email your order request and delivery information to [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible with a quote and our bank details. Or you can purchase from the print shop on Hamilton Campus.
8. Can I return Course Materials?
Yes. You will need to provide proof of course withdrawal and this must be done in the first two weeks of the trimester starting.
9. What is the surcharge for when making an online order?
This is a bank processing fee.
10. When can I purchase my Course Materials?
When your Course Materials appear in Media Centre then they are ready for purchase. If you want Course Materials from previous years please email [email protected] with your request or call into the Print Shop.
11. When can I expect my couriered Course Materials?
If you have not received your order within 3 working days, please email [email protected] and we will provide you with a tracking number.